Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Rugby :)

I played rugby for the school last term. I loved playing rugby with the girls.

The reason I like to play rugby is because I like playing physical sports. My first rugby experience was when I played in the 7’s team, we played at Avondale racecourse, it was a very big stadium. We challenged a school called Kowhai first, we had lost to them, and that made us want to work towards winning the next game.


The position I played in rugby was blind side flanker. Our last game was last term and we played against a school called Koru intermediate. The game was very hard and we just lost to them.The highlight of that day was when, I ran through a lot of girls, I had made heaps of yards then it came to the end I had to go through one more girl to score the try...BUT she tackled me. I think we would of got that try if I had someone to pass the ball to, but its okay because it was a good game and I loved that we got to finish off the season strong.                                        

So as I was going to get changed I said to the girls I really don’t want rugby season to end aye? and they were like “yeah”. So i’m really looking forward to playing rugby in Austrailia. I hope pt england inspires more girls to play rugby just like they inspired me. 

When I signed up for rugby, I didn't have a clue how to play! Now I know how to play, I really like playing rugby. 

1 comment:

  1. I understand how you feel, Brooke G. Nothing can really compare to playing in a big stadium. Don't worry, losing is normal. It makes you a better man, in fact. All you have to do is to learn from your mistakes and be a much more disciplined player. Taking in your mistakes and learning from them would definitely help your career to prosper. :)

    ReplyDelete